It’s loaded with healthy fats from the walnuts and avocados and it tastes really good, as well.
I found this recipe here. However, I tweeked it a bit as I used Avocado oil instead of Olive oil and I used Bragg Liquid Aminos in place of soy sauce.
I don’t like a lot of toppings so I just added some chopped avocado to my tacos. That way I can really taste the taco meat. But you could certainly add some chopped tomato, diced onion, or salsa to your tacos.
Prep Time: 10 min. Serves: 1-2
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 Tbsp Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 1 Tsp oregano
- 1 Tsp cumin
- 1 Tsp chili powder
- Dash of Himalayan or Sea Salt
- Dash of Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 to 1 avocado(chopped)
- 3 to 4 Romaine Lettuce leaves
- Add all ingredients(excluding the avocado and romaine lettuce) to a food processor
- Blend ingredients in the food processor until you get the consistency you want
- Add taco meat to romaine lettuce leaves then add your desired toppings
Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
If you liked this recipe be sure to sign up for my FREE Top 10 Nutritional Powerhouses.