According to Jill Nussinow, MS, RD and author of the Veggie Queen, “Greens are the No. 1 food you can eat regularly to help improve your health.”(1)
- antioxidants such as lutein, and zeaxanthin
They’re, also, great for your skin, hair, and nails.
That being said there will be times when it’s difficult to get your “greens” in.
Whether you’re traveling, really busy or just one of those people who don’t particularly like the taste of greens then you may want to start using a greens supplement.
Personally, I take a greens supplement everyday. That way I feel like I have all my bases covered.
There are some good brands out there that I’ve heard good things about such as:
Vitality Supergreen is ” an excellent source of complete, easily assimilated protein, enzymes, vitamins, minerals, lignans, essential fatty acids, nucleic acids, and beneficial microflora.
Newly reformulated to include fermented algae, fermented greens and sunflower lecithin, Vitality SuperGreen is a proprietary blend of:
- Algae: Cracked-Wall chlorella; Red Marine Algae; Dulse powder (Palmaria Palmata)
- Cereal Grass: Barley Grass Juice; Alfalfa Juice
- Intestinal Support Blend: L-glutamine; Chicory Root Inulin (fiber); Flax Seed Fiber; sunflower lecithin (GMO free); Aloe Vera Extract (200:1)
- Fermented Vegetable Blend: Organic Spinach, Organic Parsley, Organic Kale
- Fermented Algae Blend: Spirulina, BioAstin Astaxanthin, Chlorella, Dunaliella Salina, Kelp, Barley Grass, Oat Grass, Alfalfa Grass, Barley Flakes
- Probiotics: Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Delbreukii (caseii, bulgaricus, causasicus, fermenti, plantarum, brevis, helveticus, leichmanni, lactis.) Bifidabacterium Bifidum, Saccharomyces Boulardii, Saccharomyces Cerevisiae
- Super Supplement Blend: Rice Bran Extract (Anti-oxidant); Acerola extract; Rhodiola Rosea; Bilberry Extract; Biovin Grapeseed Extract; Beta 1,3 glucan (dual standard)
- Vanilla and Stevia”(3)
But what really distinguishes “Vitality Supergreen” from other greens drinks on the market is with it’s “unique focus on nourishing the inner ecosystem, this very alkalizing formula, especially created by Donna Gates, will soothe and help rebuild the lining of your intestines.”(3)
And last but not least it tastes good especially if you add a little bit of stevia to it.
Taking a greens supplement is definitely something I’d recommend just make sure you choose a quality brand.
Sign up for my Free Newsletter for more great info.
Full Disclosure: I am an affiliate of Bodyecology.com and Amazon Associates.
- “Top 10 Leafy Green Vegetables From WebMD.” WebMD. WebMD, n.d. Web. 13 June 2016.
- Health Benefits of Green Leafy Vegetables.” Vegrecipes4ucom. N.p., n.d. Web. 06 Aug