Not only do they taste amazing but they contain none of the junk you will find in regular store bought cookies.
This is, also, a great recipe if you find yourself in a pinch and need to whip up a healthy dessert quickly.
If you like oatmeal raisin cookies I’d highly recommend giving this recipe a try.
Total Time: Roughly 40 min.
- 2 1/2 cups organic, sprouted, gluten-free, rolled oats
- 2/3 cup organic, raw honey
- 1/2 cup organic, virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup almond butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 oz organic raisins
- Tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
Try to use organic ingredients if possible.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper
- Mix the oats, and raisins in a large bowl
- Combine honey, coconut oil, almond butter in a medium pot. Turn heat to medium and stir mixture continuously until it’s fully melted and evenly mixed
- Remove from heat and pour into bowl with the oats, and raisins
- Add vanilla extract and stir mixture until it becomes thick
- Take about a 1/3 cup of cookie mixture and form into cookies on the baking sheet
- Place cookie sheets into freezer for at least 20 min.
- Take cookies out of freezer and let thaw out for 5 min.(Personally I like them right out of the freezer but if you like a softer cookie let them thaw out)
- Place leftover cookies into sealed container and place back into freezer.
- This should make roughly 12 cookies
Full Disclosure: I am an affiliate of Amazon Associates.