Below is a delicious, vegetable soup that works well anytime of the year but especially during the colder months.
I found this recipe here on paleogrubs.com.
Prep Time: 10 min. Cook Time: 55 min. Total Time: 65 min.
- 2 tbsp avocado oil(coconut, ghee, or olive oil would, also, work)
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 medium carrots, cut into thin slices
- 2 celery stalks, cut into thin slices
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning(I used Frontier Garlic & Herb)
- salt, pepper to taste
- Add 2 tbsp of avocado oil to stockpot and turn on heat to medium
- Add onion, carrots, celery, garlic, zucchini to stockpot along with 1 tsp of salt and cook for 5 min.
- Add diced sweet potato and cook for another 6-8 min.
- Add can of diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, and seasoning to stockpot.(Broth should cover roughly half of the stockpot)
- Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook on low heat for 35-40 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Serve and enjoy!