Here is a delicious banana nut muffin recipe. These muffins are moist and sweet but not too sweet.
I found this recipe here and added and subtracted a few ingredients.
Plus I added collagen powder to give them some added protein.
Why is Collagen important?
“It makes up approximately 30 percent of all the proteins in the body, and is found all over the body—in tendons, ligaments, bones and much more. Collagen is the “glue” that holds us together.”(1)
Unfortunately, as we get older collagen production declines so we get wrinkles, looser skin, and stiff joints.
Here’s a look at some of the benefits using Collagen may provide:
-Reduced joint pain
-Tighter, more vibrant skin
-Strengthened teeth, and nails
-Healthier gut function
Prep Time: Roughly 15 min. Cook Time: 25 min.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 package Simple Mills Banana Muffin Mix
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 oz raisins
- 1/2 walnuts
- 1/3 sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup Collagen Powder
- Coconut Oil Spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray muffin pan with coconut oil spray or use baking cups
- Add the eggs, almond milk, and coconut oil to a large bowl and stir thoroughly
- Add the baking mix, and cinnamon, raisins, walnuts, and sunflower seeds to the wet ingredients
- Stir all the ingredients until you have a fine batter
- Insert batter into muffin pans
- Bake for approximately 25 min. or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean- Mine took 24 min.
- Let muffins cool then remove from pan
- I made 10 muffins
1) “Tighten, Tone and Repair Your Whole BodyHere’s How You Can Improve Leaky Gut, Support Your Digestion and Metabolism, Tone and Tighten Your Skin .” N.p., n.d. Web. 02 Apr. 2015.
Full Disclosure: I am an affiliate of Amazon Associates.