A member of the cruciferous vegetable family cauliflower is loaded with many health benefits.
Some of the reasons cauliflower is so healthy is it’s:
- good in the fight against cancer as well as good for heart health due to it containing sulforaphane
- high in antioxidants
- high in fiber
- high in vitamins C, K, and the B vitamins
- low in calories
I found this recipe here.
Prep Time: 10 min. Cook Time: 20 min. Total Time: 30 min.
- Approx. 1 lb. cauliflower florets
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- Approx. 2/3 cup hot sauce(I used O’Brother That’s Hot Organic Chipotle Habanero Pepper Sauce)
The hot sauce I used was extremely hot so be sure to pick a hot sauce that suits your liking.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut cauliflower into florets and rinse thoroughly. Pat florets dry.
- Pour hot sauce, garlic powder, sea salt, black pepper, melted butter into a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Pour cauliflower florets, and hot sauce mixture into gallon-sized bag and shake thoroughly. Make sure each floret is fully coated.
- Spread florets on a baking sheet.
- Put into oven and bake for 20 min.
- Serve and enjoy!
I didn’t coat the baking sheet with any oil but the original recipe said to.
- “8 Health Benefits of Cauliflower | Eat This!” Eat This! N.p., 09 Nov. 2011. Web. 14 Jan. 2016.
- “8 Amazing Health Benefits of Cauliflower.” Mercola.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 14 Jan. 2016.