Chickpeas often referred to as Garbanzo Beans are full of health benefits.
They are an excellent source of:
Below is a simple chickpea recipe that is simple to make, tastes good, and works great as a snack or appetizer.
Adapted from original recipe found here.
- 1 oz avocado oil(extra virgin olive oil would, also, work)
- 1 can chickpeas(15 oz), rinsed, drained, patted dry
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Himalayan or sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Pour avocado oil onto baking sheet and put in oven for 3 min. until oil is hot
- After rinsing and patting dry chickpeas place into a bowl with cayenne pepper, cumin, salt
- Mix ingredients well
- Place mixture onto baking sheet and make sure chickpeas are spread in a single layer
- Bake chickpeas until they’re crisp roughly 10-12 min.
- Let cool then serve and enjoy!
- “6 Health Benefits of Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans).” 6 Health Benefits of Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans). N.p., n.d. Web. 10 Jan. 2016.