Below are three, healthy recipes consisting of four different vegetables.
These recipes work great as a healthy snack or appetizer for a party.
1)Vegetable Bundles with Hummus: Original Recipe for vegetable bundles found here.
Ingredients for Vegetable Bundles:
- Carrots cut into matchsticks
- Celery cut into matchsticks
- Jicama cut into matchsticks
- Red Bell Pepper cut into matchsticks
Directions to make Vegetable Bundles:
- Take one piece of each vegetable and make a bundle
- Tie each bundle together with a chive
Ingredients for Hummus:
Original Hummus recipe found here.
- 1 can chickpeas(14 oz) rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp sesame tahini
- 1 tsp garlic powder(pressed garlic, also, works)
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- Sea Salt to taste
Directions to make Hummus:
- Pour all ingredients into food processor(a blender should, also, work)
- Blend until smooth
2)Vegetable Bundles with Vegan Pesto
Original Vegan Pesto recipe found here.
Ingredients for Vegan Pesto:
- 2 cups of basil
- 1/2 cup raw, unsalted pine nuts
- 1 tsp garlic powder(or two cloves garlic)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Sea salt, black pepper to taste
Directions to make Vegan Pesto:
- Place all ingredients in food processor and blend
- Should last up to 5 days
3)Vegetable Bundles with Honey Almond Butter Spread
Here is the original Honey Almond Butter recipe.
Ingredients for Honey Almond Butter Spread:
- 3 oz almond butter
- 1 tbsp raw honey
Directions to make Honey Almond Butter Spread:
- Combine ingredients and stir!